After 8 years at our current address & due to our expanding & more diverse operations, we will be moving in July this year to Oceansgate, England’s first Marine Enterprise Zone, located in the former RN dockyard on the banks of the River Tamar in Devonport, Plymouth.
Mecal will be joining other highly professional marine based businesses in Phase 1 of the Oceansgate Development in Enterprise House.
More on this when we get nearer the date.
Technical manager required.
As part of our expansion we would like to recruit a full or part time Technical Manager designate to work with the admin team and Chief Surveyor/CEO to provide technical support for our customers, admin and our surveyors.
The role is mainly office based but with some out of office work as and when required. We are looking for an individual who is committed to supporting this fast-growing business, and looking to become a part of the Mecal dedicated team.
Key Skills Required:
• Experience in a commercial vessel environment, with a marine engineering background (ideally with experience in marine surveying)
• Knowledge of the UK Workboat & other Small Commercial Vessel Codes of Practice
• Good communication skills at all levels, both written and oral •
Proficient in computing – Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, project management software
• Excellent organisational skills
• Attention to detail.
• Loyalty/reliability •
Previous office experience
• Used to working in a team environment, as well as solo
• Positive attitude
• Committed to the business in support of our growth.
• Presentation skills
• Used to working in an efficient & hard working environment
To apply please send your CV, and any additional information/evidence of experience to support your application for consideration to email@example.com.
We will endeavour to respond to all candidates, however If you have not received a reply within 2 weeks your application has not been successful.